I’ve been hoping to get into anesthesia school for quite some time, but I am unsure whether or not I’ll be competitive as an applicant. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as to how strong of a candidate I might be. Anything else I could do to strengthen my resume (besides retaking GRE)? What schools would I have the best chance at getting into? Thanks for your time.
– GPA for first two years of school was around 2.5.
– I ended up transferring to a different school, since I decided to change programs, and finished the next four years with a 3.6 (combined gpas among all schools is around 3.2).
– My nursing gpa was a 3.4; Science gpa was about 3.3. – GRE: 1010 (390 verbal, 620 quantitative, 3.0 analytical writing)
– RN at a university hospital in SICU (accepted into residency program)
– Other achievements/certs: sigma theta tau, CCRN, FCCS
– Worked as an anesthesia aide for 3 years during nursing school
— Thanks! —