(New York City)
Hi all..call me crazy but after doing a ton of research I’ve got some hesitations. I was lucky/fortunate to get into a program but should I wait to get into a program that’s not so expensive!? Why pay +70,000 for the same thing as someone paying 20,000???
The program’s tuition cost is around 72,000$ for a 30 month program. Factor in cost of living (12,000/yr x 2.5= 30,000) + school insurance (4,000 x 2.5 = 10,000), food ?? (5,500/yr x2.5 = 13,750) + car insurance (1,200 x 2.5 = 3,000) + books 1,200 + gas (1,300 x 2.5 = 3,250) + incidentals (co-pays, travel, clothes, holiday gifts, gym membership, a movie once in awhile?? (1,000 x 3=3,000), phone plan (90month x 30 months = 2,700)…138,900!!!
So am I crazy to want to wait and see if I get into other programs that are less expensive or do I suck up the extra 30,000 – 40,000 $ cost for this tuition because getting into another program might never happen?
So is it worth the extra 30,000+ in loans?
About me: I’ve been an ICU nurse for 3x years. Started at a large well known teaching institution in their SICU/Trauma ICU. Then traveled to two other large teaching instiutions in Los Angeles and New York City…
Did you find an error on this page? Please report it here